It's hard to juggle as a busy mom, especially when you have one kiddo battling a sinus/double ear infection and the other pneumonia. I've also discovered that laundry becomes a 6 ft. tall monster that starts to eat your basement and bedroom. I used to be of the opinion that a load a day would keep "laundry monster" away, but there just isn't enough time, energy or coffee.
So I made a plan . . . let it go and only do only what is necessary to keep everyone warm and clean and tackle it all once the antibiotics are finished. I like this plan a lot. In the mean time, I've been doing what's most important, keeping morale high amongst the troops. I compiled a fun list of things to do while we were couped up and sniffling. We chipped away at the list and now, after almost a whole week, noses are drying up and I'm starting to see smiles again.
We spent a lot of time crafting, drawing, playing in the bath tub. I think we rented about 278 movies . . . can't wait for that Armstrong bill. We even played dress up and included the reluctant dog and terrified cat. German Shepherds and orange tigers have never looked so chic!
I think life will magically fall back in order next week, when daycare resumes and mom can have her 20 minutes of uninterrupted paper reading back in the mornings. And while kids are feeling better and the fun list has been completed, Mom's "to do list" is spiraling out of control. One thing at a time I guess, I even put boxes in front of my list items because I like to "check" them. It's gunna be a good week. Super productive, healthy and QUIET!
No comments:
Post a Comment